Start The Summer In Style
This Summer, bright, fizzy exotic looks with a totally glamorous 1970s retro spirit are leading the way in the style stakes as a heady mix of colour and pattern takes centre stage to add drama to simple shapes and ensure you grab some serious va va voom attention! Laid back yet utterly stylish, this is a cool and sumptuous take on daywear that balances soft floaty fabrics with high tech ethnic treatments, bright eye popping colours and dizzying graphic patterns to create a casual yet polished exuberant look with a romantic, feminine edge. Whether you go for the bold or the beautiful, this summer it’s time to stand out from the crowd in dazzling patterns designed to excite the senses and energise your look. From bright prints found in Monsoon or H&m to Topshop’s chic psychedelic swirls, when it comes to print, think abstract and quirky or feminine and floral.
Clashing rainbow colours, hot house flowers and sunbleached painterly patterns enliven even the most simple of silhouettes, whilst dramatic animal prints and batik textiles inspired by African tribes add a bold edge to silks and chiffons. Simply wear with confidence and have some fun!
Long floaty maxi dresses dominate in the silhouette department and provides the perfect backdrop for a diverse mix of holiday shades, whilst wafting kaftans, floaty tone on tone dip dyed chiffon tiered skirts, high cut swimsuits and sexy, slouchy silk jumpsuits combine with intricate embroidery, bold ethnic jewellery and splashes of gold at midday to complete the look. Just slap on the lippy and you’re good to go!
1) There’s nothing subtle about this seasons floral trend so be brave with print and structure.
2) Mix clashing prints to give the look a contemporary feel.
3) For the less brave among you, try mixing one bold item with understated separates for an individual yet totally wearable look.
4) Go for the glow with a make-up palette bursting with warm, radiant shades of bronze, gold, pink and coral. The look in favour is ripe, cheerful and sensual: fresh faces, glowing cheeks and full glistening lips coloured in exotic, fruity shades of raspberry, peach or watermelon.
5) For the perfect sun-kissed look, sweep a bronzing powder across the cheekbones, temples, brows and hairline to create contours and colour where the sun would naturally ‘kiss’ the face. To add further glitz into proceedings, add a shimmery highlighter above the cheekbones to catch the light and create further definition.
6) Complete this exotic look with expensive looking, gently tousled sexy tresses with stack of healthy shine. For wondrous waves, wash and towel dry hair and comb a small amount of curl activating crème through hair from root to tip. Blast with a hair dryer and when dry, use curling tongs to randomly curl 20-30% of your hair, then shake your head upside down to separate your fabulous new soft, carefree waves. Finish by running hands through your hair, letting it fall naturally into a broken centre parting to give it a casual, yet thoroughly sexy, dishevelled feel, then spot apply a touch of high gloss serum.